Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Same Sex Marriage

I have written about this before.  I will do it again. All my life I have been taught that a husband is a man and a wife is a woman. I still adhere to that persuasion. I do not call people unkind names because they do not agree with me, and I am not going to start. I hate nobody. I refuse to hate anyone. However, I am not obligated to agree with lifestyles that are against what I have been taught since my childhood. I taught all of my children to hate nobody. But I also taught them the importance of respect for marriage and the family as is initiated by a bride and a groom. I will always consider marriage to be honorable, and to be between a man and a woman. Marriage between two men or two women will always be an oxymoron for me. It is not marriage, it is simply a sexual relationship between two persons of the same gender. By calling it marriage, the couple is attempting to acquire the same legitimacy that marriage has. That will not happen.........ever.  Incidently, the same sex marriage issue is not a civil rights issue.  It is not on par with racial discrimination.  It is an issue regarding the morals and values of this society.  It is an issue that deals with what God has to say about the oldest institution known to humankind.

No comments: