Sunday, May 4, 2014

Christians---The New "Queers?"

A writer recently called Christians the "new queers." I guess he is angry. He is angry because the Bible calls his lifestyle an abomination. I see nothing queer about believing in a holy God who has moral parameters. Jesus offers eternal life. Jesus is God. There is no philosophy, creed, political movement, medicine, diet, technology, culture, lifestyle, literature, exercise, or any program of any type that guarantees eternal life. Only Jesus guarantees eternal life. "Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, neither have entered into the hearts of men, the things that God has prepared for them that love Him." (I Cor. 2: 9) "The new queer?" Jesus called His followers the "light of the World and the salt of the earth." Jesus taught his followers to be "wise as serpents and harmless as doves." He taught the importance of not hating, not judging, honesty, integrity, humility, kindness, obedience to authority, and much more. Believers accept the teachings of the Bible. It is about faith. It is based on faith in the Word of God. Not all people have faith. Some who do not have faith resort to name-calling toward those who do have faith. It is not as brutal as tossing them to the lions as was done in ancient Rome. Nevertheless it is still hateful. I am a Christian. I am just as human as anybody else. However, I am certain of one thing: I refuse to hate anyone. I just do not agree with everyone. Do you?

No comments: