Thursday, March 31, 2016

A Letter To Dear Abby

I wrote the following letter to "Dear Abby" today.  I was offended because she called a person "intolerant" due to her opinion of same sex marriage.  I did not agree with Abby's response.

Dear Abby:   I seriously disagree with the tone and word usage contained in the response to the mother of the man who donated his sperm to the black lesbian couple.  When a person disagrees with same-sex marriage, "intolerance" is an inappropriate word to use to describe that person. Please remember that Judaism and Christianity contain doctrines inspired by the almighty God.  God forbids lesbianism and homosexuality.  Most people who are against those 2 lifestyles are not against them because of hatred, or "deep-seated bias," as you stated in your response.  They are against them because they want to obey God.  One other thing I want to make perfectly clear:   Just because one does not agree with someone's lifestyle does not mean that he/she hates that person(s).  Hatred is serious business with God.  He equates it with murder.   (I John 3:15 and 4:20)     There is much more.

Street Preacher

No comments: