Monday, March 7, 2016

My Response To An Erroneous Idea

Recently, Richard Carranza, Superintendent of the San Francisco Unified School District proposed to distribute condoms to middle school students.  Eventually the idea was not put into action.  Here is my response to his idea.

I believe in freedom. I believe in education. I believe in common sense. I believe that guidelines for living exist. I believe in marriage. I believe that educated people in high places, who have the responsibility of making important decisions, and make them, while ignoring moral parameters, are capable of doing more harm than good. Particularly when those decisions are unfortunately directed at children, adolescents, and teenagers who are in public schools. Do I have a suggestion? Yes. I know it may sound crazy to some. Nevertheless, here it is: Teach that sex is only for marriage. Ridiculous, you say? It can be taught. I am not saying it will be obeyed or practiced, but it can be taught. It can be taught like Math, Science or English are taught. Our education comes to fruition when we are older.


No comments: