Saturday, June 24, 2017

Freedom? Be Vigilant (Part I)

Be alert.  Be watchful.  Do not lose your freedom.  I know, those words sound kind of strange. Particularly if you have been born and bred in the United States of America.  However,  I think it is a good idea to sometimes think about the function of government.  I will be the first one to say that it is a necessity.  However, I will also be the first to say that I do not want government bothering me, or mistreating anyone.  I might add that you probably will not find too many people who are more patriotic than myself. I love this imperfect country.  It is my home.  I also love freedom.  They have in a very real sense, become synonymous, that is......America and freedom.  Nevertheless, I can envision the possibility of this country or any so-called free country, to become a tyrannical state.  It could happen through something I would define as "societal evolution toward tyranny."  I will henceforth refer to the aforementioned as SETT.  SETT can be a creeper, crawler, walker, runner or even swifter than the four previous ways.  When government makes excessive rules (which are generally designed for our betterment, protection, or even our "survival") it is possible that they can become tedious, a nuisance and/or expensive. When government offers excessive gifts, grants, rewards, and other financial offerings, we must not forget that those financial resources come from working people. When government offers  financial rewards, I think it is a good thing. But I am persuaded that it needs to be a "reward" for something positively accomplished.

No comments: