Friday, January 11, 2008

Don't Procrastinate

There is a saying that goes like this: "Lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part." One of the problems about getting stressed out when you allow yourself to let time pass and ignore deadlines, is that you stress others around you as well. To put others on emergency mode just because you failed to to the things that you should have done is not fair to those affected, whether they be family, friends or co-workers. I also realize, however, that what happens to someone else can also happen to me. I need to help others when I can. It may be a battle, but I need to pick my battles and make sure that I, myself, am not defeated by any of them. I must remember the word s of our Lord Jesus: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Should I help someone who procrastinated? Should some-
one help me when I procrastinate? Should I procrastinate? The answers to those three ques-
tions are easy: What would Jesus say/do?

No comments: