Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Its' Only Money, Part I

I am not a proponent of foolish spending. I know money does not come easy. I do not love money. I respect money for what it is. I realize that having lots of it can provide for a person, many opportunities. I invite you today to have a healthy attitude toward money. It is a controversial subject. Who has the answers for providing for us a proper attitude toward money. God does. He says: "The love of money is the root of all evil." This is a powerful statement. Do not love money. Please remember: All of the money, and all of the treasures in this world; all things of value belong to God. "For the world is mine, and the fulness thereof." Does God "need a loan"? Emphatically no. God does not "need" anything I have. I need Him. I need to obey Him. I need to love Him. I need to know Him. I need to have faith in Him. He tells me "I will never leave you nor forsake you." He tells me that "He will supply all my need according to His riches in glory." He tells me "Not to trust in uncertain riches." If we put all of our trust in money, we will be seriously disappointed. "With God all things are possible." With money, not all things are possible. Money comes in handy. It helps. It serves the functions it is designed to serve. But money cannot do the impossible. God can; and does. All the money on this planet belongs to God. Use your money like a servant. Don't stash him away and refuse to give some and spend some. Don't be a cheapskate. "The liberal soul shall be made fat." God wants to give us an opportunity to be blessed and enriched. Pay 10% of your income to the Lord and His work. Give offerings. Give to missions. Give to special projects. If you give, God will bless you. Are we going to outgive God? No, because He gave 100%. He asks for 10%. Remember: Its' only money. "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." (luke 6:38) There is much more to say about this subject. I will save it for another entry.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Daddy!! I really enjoy your blog. Especially this one. Love you. Laura