Thursday, April 24, 2008

Friends, Relationships and Identity (pt.2)

How you spend your time and who you spend it with can reveal your identity. Are you confused about your identity? Are you lower class, middle class, high class, or filthy rich? Are you a natural-born or naturalized citizen? What color is your skin? Do you speak with an accent? Do you wear an American flag on your lapel? How many languages do you speak? Are you embarrassed of your last name? What kind of music do you like? What kind of foods do you like? Who do you "hang out" with? Do you have a favorite movie, book or story. I will answer these questions myself. No, I am not confused about my identity. I belong to Jesus. He is my heavenly Father, Lord and Saviour. I am a child of God, my Father is King of kings.The color of my skin? Unimportant. My sins were as scarlet, now they are white as snow. I don't speak with an accent when I'm speaking in tongues. A flag? His banner over me is love. Languages? I spoke in tongues when I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and I speak in devotional tongues for edification. I have a scriptural right to have this experience. Please check Mark 16:17, Acts 2:4, and I Cor. 14:1-40. My last name? It is not as important as the name I am baptized in, which is the name of Jesus Christ. Music? Music is big business. Some people use it as a means to identify themselves as part of a certain class or ethnicity. It does bring pleasure to many, but only temporarily. I use it to praise my Lord and Saviour. His name is Jesus, He is the power of God, He has pleasures for evermore (not just temporarily) Please check Psalm 16:11. Foods? "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." "Hang out"? Jesus did hang on a cross for me. Therefore I will "hang tough" for Him no matter who I am with. My favorite story? It has no ending. It is the story of my eternal life through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God. In the days of His flesh He was a Jew. Which one of those two identities is more important?

No comments: