Saturday, July 25, 2009

Philippians 4:13 ? Yes, Yes, Yes !

His name is Tim Tebow. He is a Heisman Trophy winner and a two-time national champion. He is pictured on the cover of the July 27, 2009 issue of Sports Illustrated. Under each of his eyes is expressed a text. I consider that scripture to be one of the most important verses in the life of a Christian. Whatever it may be. Whatever task lies ahead. Whatever responsibility is placed on a person's shoulders. Whenever a person starts to think: "I can't do this; it is just too hard for me." Remember Philippians 4:13; forget the doubting and the doubters. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13) I have been preaching the Gospel in the San Diego County jails for 29 years. I quote that verse at every service. I ask every inmate to memorize it and live it. When lived and applied; it is a win, win situation, because you are not alone. You are never, never alone when you live by that creed. Sure, it takes faith. Go for it.

No comments: