Thursday, July 30, 2009

Humble Yourself (Part 3)

This is actually my fourth entry on the subject of humility or humbleness. I continue to declare that all the knowledge of all human beings that live, have lived, or ever will live is not greater than the knowledge and the wisdom of God. God owns the blueprint for living. He created it. "Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought to think," is just a small portion of Paul's letter to the Romans. I think most people would view the statement as reality, common sense, and a wise choice. I view it as the eternal Word of God. I repeat: God knows more than all people put together. If you actually think that you are "all that and a bag of chips," I suggest to you that you stop thinking that way; and humble yourself. I can think of two men who recently did not humble themselves; and paid the price. One is named Crowley, the other is named Gates. One is a cop. One is a professor. One yelled at the top of his voice saying(among other things): "You don't know who you are messing with." The other should have just listened and let the man vent. Both men did not humble themselves, therefore, both men were wrong. Charges of racism ensued and the event became a scandal. I was not there. I've only read the reports.
Nevertheless, I know this: "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." (Prov. 15:1) God is never, never wrong.

No comments: