Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cheapskates

It is difficult to have a normal life, connect with family, friends, business associates, neighbors and your Church or religious community and expect to never spend any money. "Give and it shall be given unto you."  I will never argue about money again.  If a person thinks that he will live a life that dictates money will not be spent at all except on himself, meaning his immediate needs for survival, then that person is a cheapskate, and should seriously consider separating himself from normal society and become a hermit.  I am not trying to sound cruel.  The fact of the matter is that many cheapskates are "semi hermits."  This is Unfortunate.  They are missing out.  Believe me, I am very familiar with tough times.  I know what it is like to be broke.  I also know what it is like to not want to spend money just because it hurts to spend it due to the fact that selfishness is a spirit that can overcome and overwhelm a person.  No way.  I refuse to be that way.  I will buy someone a present.  I will buy someone a dinner.  I will give someone a cash gift.  I refuse to be a cheapskate.  I am not wealthy, and  I  will not get wealthy by being a cheapskate.  I have a better chance of being blessed by being a blessing to someone else, than by being a cheapskate.  Again, "give and it shall be given unto you."  I quote that verse from Luke 6: 38 because it is the truth.  The Bible does not lie.  I do not hate cheapskates.  I do not hate anyone.  I'll buy lunch.  The tab is on me.  No problem.

No comments: