Tuesday, August 13, 2013

All I Ask Of Filner

For a long, long time I have considered politics to be real dirty business.  I think it has the capacity to ruin good men and women.  Government is necessary, therefore politics is necessary.  Simply stated: politics is the struggle for power.  Perhaps that is too simple of a statement.  Perhaps not.  I shall get to my point.  Many of the citizens of the City of San Diego want the current Mayor, Bob Filner , to resign.  He has been accused of sexual harassment by 13 women.  He has been accused of being a bully and of being extremely difficult to work for.  Some of his staff have resigned. As of this writing, 77% of people polled want Filner to resign from his position as Mayor of San Diego.  I only ask Bob Filner to do one thing.  Do what is best for San Diego.  Please do not be an enemy of San Diego.  Please do not create a situation that will cost the city of San Diego millions and millions of dollars.  Please do not harm the future of San Diego.  Please do not harm the business of San Diego.  Please do not harm the residents of San Diego.  Please do not harm the environment of San Diego.  Do no harm.  Maybe it sounds naive on my part.  I am still an idealist.  I believe government leaders are servants of the people.  They are not autocrats.  They are not monarchs.  They are servants, public servants.  Mr. Filner.......do the City no harm.   That is all I ask.

No comments: