Friday, August 9, 2013

Freedom of Speech

The following quote means a great deal to me, particularly because I preach the Gospel in the street.  Some people tell me to shut up.  Some people tell me to leave.  Some curse at me.  I am neither shutting up nor am I leaving.  When one person put his hands on me he was totally out of line.  I have freedom of speech, and that is just the way it is. I will not stop speaking just because someone disagrees with me.   I live in America.  I do not live in Iran, Pakistan, Syria or Somalia.  I live in America, and I have freedom of speech.  Hugo Black made it quite clear when discussing this freedom.

"Freedom of speech means that you shall not do something to people either for the views they have, or the views they express, or the words they speak or write."     Hugo L. Black  (1886-1971)      US Supreme Court Justice Source: 1963

No comments: