Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sweet September

The following short poem was sent to me just yesterday from a former classmate at SUHI.  Her name is Linda Henderson.  Every first Tuesday of the month, Sweetwater High School graduates from the class of 1960 meet at Mike and Joe's Pizza House to socialize and reminisce.  Toward the end of every month,  Linda sends us all an email reminder, (bless her heart).  I kind of like this poem because September is special to me.......mainly because it marks the beginning of football season.  I suspect Linda "tweaked in" "pizza with friends in sweet September."  Thanks, Linda.  Please know you are appreciated.

Sweet September
When August is a declining ember
Enter in, sweet September...
Now comes the time for miracles to unfold,
with changing color--green to amber and gold.
How well my heart and I remember
Pizza with friends in sweet September.
                         Credit to Joyce Hemsley
                                            tweaked by Linda Henderson
                

No comments: