Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chaz Bono

I am unable to feel what another human being feels. I can only think for myself. I can only conclude for myself. I do have a right to have a point of view regarding decisions people make. How are we to live our lives? Who makes the rules? What are we supposed to do? What is right? What is wrong? The issue between right and wrong is a war. Yes, it is a war. It is a battle. And the war that I speak of is not necessarily fought among people. It is fought within the minds and hearts of individuals. At times, a grown person will say: "I am going to do what I want to do." Alright, just remember, there are consequences for what we do. Sometimes we do not like the consequences. What if, instead of a person saying: "I am going to do what I want to do," he or she said: "I am going to do what I need to do." Or, let us take it to a higher level: he or she said: "I am going to do what God wants me to do." Do I speak for God? No. But I repeat what he says. I will keep it simple. I judge no person. Chaz Bono is not the only female who has attempted to convert herself to a man. She will not be the last. It is wrong before God. I could select other scriptures, but I will select only one. "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (Gen.1:27) "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good." (Gen. 1:31) I believe with all of my heart, that the most important thing in this world is the Word of God. Why? Because the Word of God is God. Could God have made a mistake when he determined the gender of a person at the time of conception? No. God does not make mistakes. Everything that He does is perfect. Life is a gift from God. The gender determination is a gift from God. We must not tamper with that. We must somehow learn to deal with our challenges without doing things that truly harm us. One last thing: too many people live in this world without the knowledge of the Word of God. I consider this to be the biggest tragedy on this planet.

No comments: