Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Herman Cain

I am interested in politics but the political arena is not my major interest. I would be lying, however, if I told you that I pay very little attention to the men and women who are/were vying for the Republican nomination for the United States Presidency. I pay more than a little attention. Herman Cain has gotten my attention. He was born poor. However, he had an excellent upbringing. The emphasis was on faith in God, hard work, education, discipline and responsibility. In the land of opportunity, he took advantage of what was available to him. He studied hard. He worked hard. He became a successful business man. He became wealthy. He "paid his dues." I do not consider him a politician. I consider him an astute business person. I consider him a man who is conscious of how finance works, how the market works, and how to improve business. He knows the heat of competition. He knows the heat of competition in the real world of business where if one does not produce he is gone. Herman Cain is intelligent. But it does not end there. He has done something with his intelligence. He is not a bureaucrat who is afraid of his own shadow. He is skilled in observing and reporting. What appeals to me is that he is not a career politician. He is a skilled man who is taking his talents into another arena. His experience in the business world can only help.

No comments: