Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thank A Veteran

The people who live in this world will never reach perfection here.  The governments of this world cannot possibly reach perfection.   They can try and try and try, but it will not happen.  I could easily turn this post into a sermon or a Bible study.  But I will not at this time.  I will keep my words short.  I do not know every human being on this planet.  But I know this:  I refuse to hate a single one.  You may think that my words are not coinciding with the title of this blog post.  They will.  Any society of people must have a government.  Every normal human being cherishes freedom.  Every normal human being desires to pursue his or her destiny.  They all need to survive.  They all need to be taught.  They all need to be given an opportunity.  They all need their freedom.  Some, because of poor choices, will lose their freedom.  Due to the fact that nations cannot survive without a military structure in place.......in this world as we know it, I will thank an active military person.  I will thank a veteran.  Although I am a veteran, I am not some sort of  "gung ho" military guy.  I did my time.  It was not glorious.  I did not go to war........but I did my time.  Veterans Day is coming up in a few days.  I want to thank all of those who serve.  I want to thank all of those who served.  Anyone who knows me well, knows that I thank military and ex military persons just about every chance I get.  For me, it does not need to be a holiday.  I appreciate them.

No comments: