Monday, February 11, 2013

Gov. Perry Visits California

I don't recall ever seeing this happen before.   I suppose governors of states visit other states for different reasons.  Recently, however, Governor Rick Perry visited California to recruit businesses, and to encourage them to leave California, and go to Texas.  He used the fact that Texas has no income taxes.  He claimed that Texas is more business friendly.  Maybe he has a point.  For the last ten years, Texas has been so competitive, and so attractive to business, that it has been adding jobs more abundantly than any other state.  I see nothing wrong with that.  Yes, some businesses have already left California, and gone to Texas, Arizona, Florida and other places.  I suppose, in some cases, it hurts to leave California.  But for the business person, the "bottom line" triggers the decisions.  In other words......profit.  I view Governor Perry's actions in a positive light.  Business is about competition.  If Governor Perry is successful in luring businesses out of California and into Texas, well, good for him.   Maybe California (politicians) will then change some laws and help make the Golden State more business friendly.  Speaking of that,  Mr. Perry's actions upset California Governor, Jerry Brown.  I found that to be rather humorous.  Jerry Brown is too liberal for me.  However, he can be very comical.  I like his "laid back" style.  I just don't like his politics.

No comments: