Friday, February 15, 2013

"The One I Feed"

To me, it is nothing but common sense.  I appreciate the illustration, and symbolism.  The metaphor is almost perfect.  But the powerful part is that a person is fighting an inner war.  The good versus the evil,  the flesh versus the spirit, the id versus the ego,  the inclinations versus the discipline, or even the wise decision versus the foolish decision.  I will get right to the point. Yes, feed the good wolf.  By all means feed the good wolf.  The big challenge is......how?   Just keep on seeking, learning and doing.  You can only win.  If you feed the other wolf, destruction is guaranteed.

A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he felt about a tragedy. He said:

“I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one.” The grandson asked him, “Which wolf will win the fight in your heart?” The grandfather answered, “The one I feed.”

 Native American Story





No comments: