Monday, January 21, 2013

An Atheist and Sandy Hook


This is what an atheist might say to the families of those who lost their loved ones at the Sandy Hook massacre.

"I feel sorry for you.  I wish this had not happened, but I can't help you in any way.  I can't pray for God's comfort upon you because I don't believe that there is a God.  I can't tell tell you that they are in a better place.  I don't believe in heaven or hell.  I don't believe in a glorified body.  I believe that when you die, you die.  You are dead.  Therefore I can't tell you: "May they rest in peace."  Rest is only for those who are alive.  We are just matter.  We are alive for a period of time, and then we are no more.  I can't comfort you with any words from the bible.  I don't know any, and I don't believe what the bible says anyway.  Your children are dead because some guy shot them to death.  You'll never see them again."

No comments: