Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Anti Fur Activism?

To me, much of the "protect the animals" activism is phony.  It is an attempt for people in entertainment (and others) to seem caring, compassionate and seemingly concerned for a better world.  For a long time, I have truly believed that if you want to make a better world, make yourself a better person.  Caring for animals is alright with me.  However, making a major deal in defense of animals is nothing but  a poor  substitute for true humanitarianism.  It is a convenient attempt to appear benevolent.  I am of the opinion that these people should find something else to be zealous about.  I also think that many of these people are really self-centered, and that animal protection activism is a form of therapy for them to justify themselves for their selfishness and lack of ability to connect with people.  I will defend the one who  fishes for sport and livelihood.  I will defend the one who hunts boar, deer, ducks, and other game if the dead animal is used to feed someone.  Animals are not people.  They are for food, work and entertainment.  Leave the circus alone.  Leave the trained whales, seals, bears, elephants, horses and other animals alone.  They provide much needed employment and entertainment.  Any person or animal who is trained to do a job must endure teaching and discipline. I am not proposing that animals be mistreated.  I am proposing that businesses that deal with animals be left alone.  They are providing goods, services and jobs.  They boost the economy.  They help families to be fed and clothed.  I would like to encourage all animal rights activists to truly get a life. I have a suggestion for you.  Since 1973, as I write these words, 56 million babies have been aborted.  Where is your outrage?  Where is your activism?  Are you more concerned about stray cats? 

No comments: