Friday, April 5, 2013

Not Our Words

Words are important.  In fact that is what we are reading.  We can expound, explain and expand.  But if our words of excellence, knowledge, wisdom, guidance, understanding and profundity do not match with lives of character and positive repute.........we risk being labeled hypocrites and phonies.   I do not care much for the term: "religion,"  however, it does serve a purpose.  "Religion" is supposed to improve our moral quality of life.   However, "religion," without spiritual power is like an engine without fuel, a lamp without electricity, or a cell-phone without a charged battery.  Jesus said: "You shall know them by their fruits."  What "fruits" was He talking about?  I will keep it short, because when I deal with this subect, I can go on, and on, and on.   At this time it will suffice for me to say:  The way we treat people.  The way we respond to injustice. The good we do for others.  The respect we show others.  The kindness we show others.  And finally, our willingness to forgive others.   There is more, but I will end my words with two quotes.  The first one was stated by Thomas Jefferson.  The second one, although it is very well known, the author is unknown.

"It is in our lives and not our words that our religion must be read."

"Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you say."
















No comments: