Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"Where The Spirit Of The Lord Is"

Some months ago, I wrote a letter to Yahoo about outspoken gays and lesbians who defend same sex marriage.  I am persuaded that all sides need to present their points of view......if they want to.  They should be free to do so.  As for me, I will do no name - calling, and I will not worry about things that are out of my control.  I will continue to serve Jesus.  I will continue to pray.  For me, many things are impossible.  However, for Jesus, nothing is impossible.  He is God.  He has all power. Here is the letter.
 
"She may say all she wants to say. So may I. So far so good. The First Amendment is alive and well. Freedom is a "tough customer." Would a police state be easier ? It is necessary to have a police state where the truth is not preached. "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (Jn. 8:32) Stephen was preaching the truth. The people who stoned him to death covered their ears before they stoned him. I think we can safely say that Stephen did not have "freedom of speech." (Acts, Chap. 7) Nevertheless, he had liberty."  "Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty." (2 Cor. 3:17)

No comments: