Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Joy Of The Lord!

I am determined to have a positive quality of life.  I refuse to be sad, forlorn, depressed and feel hopeless.  I am determined to not be dominated by those feelings ever again.  Basically, I refuse to not be happy.  I am grateful to God for the love and kindness He has shown me.  But there is something that I need in a very big way to continue living my life.  I need power.  I need power to keep on going.  I need strength.  I found it.  I found it in Jesus Christ.  He is my joy.  He is my power.  I did not used to feel this way.  I did not used to think this way.  My formal education tended to become an obstacle in my quest for meaning in this life.  I found my purpose in life.  My purpose in life became service to Jesus Christ.  I am His.  He is mine.  Jesus Is my strength BECAUSE He is my joy.  There is only one Lord.  His name is Jesus.  I am never going back to my "pre-Lord" days.  Those days are gone forever.  I have found a treasure.  "The joy of the Lord is my strength."
"Then he said to them,  Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
(Nehemiah 8:10)

No comments: